Thursday, March 8, 2007

Countin' Down the Weeks...

I now have less than three months until the baby gets here and only 24 1/2 weeks until vacation and we leave for Vegas. I am back in the watch anything on TV that shows the strip mode so I can get all excited about it. I checked on rental cars and can get a fair deal, but am waiting until their weekly coupon special comes out for that period of time. I would love to rent a convertible, but all they have is a PT cruiser and I would feel ridiculous in that car. They used to rent Sebring convertibles. So we will just get what we always get a Pontiac G6. I love driving the strip late at night. It is so cool! Earlier in the evening it is always bumper to bumper traffic all along the strip with people hanging off of trucks or out of car or SUV windows, but late it is just enough traffic not to be bothersome, all those hangers are in the clubs getting soused so you can just enjoy the palm trees, the lights and what the strip makes you feel like. We don't stay on the strip and always rent a car so we have more freedom to go places. It would cost more in cab fees than to rent a car for the week even with valet parking. I am also waiting to get a deal on the car park where we leave our car here at home. It is hard to get a cab in the middle of the night here and we will have to be at the airport by 4 am so it is easier and more convenient to just park the car at the car park and ride the shuttle to the airport. They usually have prepaid deals but again they don't have them posted that far in advance yet. We do have our hotel reservation and have our first class tickets (our real splurge and why we stay at off strip hotels.) I can buy our show tickets the first of May, which I will do, then little by little get these other things taken care of. I have already bought a portable dvd player (we have one for the car that hangs on the seat etc, but it is too big to take) for us, Jack has his I-Pod and I have a cd player to keep us busy. I always take at least two books too. It is a 5 hour flight from Atlanta, which seems ridiculous to fly from Memphis to Atlanta, like we are going backwards, but that is their hub so to Atlanta we go. Five hours even for a thin person is a long time to sit.

I ran out of ribbon for my top so had to order one more ball. I have like 16 rows and would have been finished. Isn't that the way it always is. I am coming along on my peach cardigan while I wait for the new ribbon to come in.

I ordered some muffins from a company called Vitalicious. Comments were really good about the chocolate ones and though they are a bit pricy, over a $1 apiece, they are a 2 pt muffin and WW users seem to love them. I will let you know when they come in and I have tasted them. Hope I didn't waste $30!

I saw on AOL that John Inman died sometime today. They said he had been ill with Hepatitis A for a long time. He was the hilarious Mr. Humphries on the British comedy, "Are You Being Served." He was a very funny man but they said he was suffering a lot from the disease.


Donna's Chocolate Raspberry Muffins Makes 6 muffins (2.5 ww points each)
1/8 c egg beaters
1 C Heart Smart Bisquick
1/2 c skim (fat free) milk
1/3 c Splenda
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon oil (you can cut the fat by using unsweetened applesauce, but I didn't have any)
1/2 C Raspberries (if using frozen, thaw the slightly first and then pat them dry with a paper towel to remove excess water)

Heat oven to 400 degrees, fill 6 muffin cups with paper cups, mix all but raspberries together well with a whisk then gently add raspberries. Fill cups 2/3 full, bake for 9-11 minutes, let cool 5 minutes! Enjoy with a dollop of cool whip free.

Well, I hear Jack upstairs showering so time to go up and make the bed, shower and get dressed for the day!

Everyone have a super day!

Donna

1 comment:

MarDi said...

Wow, less than three months isn't very long at all. Before you know it you'll be there, and having the time of your life!

Can't wait to see the ribbon top and the peach cardigan!

Have a great weekend!