Sunday, March 18, 2007

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder???

Sorry I haven't posted for over a week, but I accidently dropped my digital camera in the washer with a load of clothes (I had put it in the clothes basket to carry it downstairs with me and forgot it was in there) and now it is more than likely kaputs! I am sending it to Atlanta to a camera store there to get an estimate as to whether it can be repaired, but we aren't holding out hope. This is a bad time for my camera to go belly up with the shower in less than two weeks and the baby's birth in less than 3 months. Ah well, just have to go back to using the film camera for now I guess.

Hope all is well with all my other blogging buddies! Jack and I are going great guns at WW. He has lost 16 and I am down 18 as of Friday. I changed WW centers and really like this one much much more. I enjoy going to the meetings here and didn't at the other. It was basically all one ethnic group of which I was not one of them so they ignored me and only visited amongst themselves even when I tried to be friendly. Made me mad and I left and didn't go back.

So our favorites, Texas Tech, New Mexico State (Jack's alma mater), and Indiana have now lost their NCAA games. We have Tennessee and Memphis (my school) still in it and playing today so I sure hope at least Memphis wins. I would love Memphis to go all the way and show the big boys how it is done!

I finished the ribbon top, but without the digital can't take a pic of it right now. I also have the back of my matching cardigan finished and half the left front so am going to town on it. I still have the fancy blue ribbon top for vacation to start yet, but I am going to wait until I finish the cardigan. I am going to my favorite LYS in Indiana while I am there and see if I can find yarn for the sweater I am making T for Christmas. I want to do maybe navy and white striped or a hunter green and white. Both would look good with that red hair.

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Donna

2 comments:

MarDi said...

How awful about your digital camera, I hope its repairable. I'd be lost without mine. Guess we'll just have to be patient to see photos of the new ribbon top!

Congrats on the weight loss for both you and Jack, you're doing great!

Have a lovely day!

Lion's Paw said...

I'd be sick about the camera. Once I washed the memory cards for my camera. Once they dried, I plugged them in and they still worked. But I don't know about a camera. Glad to hear there's been knitting progress and the weight loss too! You must have just been a slow starter.

Go Pitt!