Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Truly Sad Day

We had to put our beautiful cat Butterscotch to sleep yesterday. He had total kidney failure and there was nothing we could do to save him. It broke my heart to have to do this, but he had lost a lot of weight and quit eating and drinking as of Thursday. He was such a sweet little guy, but totally my cat so it is especially hard on me.


As far as my surgery goes, they are looking at the middle of April to go back in and reattach everything. I will be glad when it is all over and I can have a normal life back. I am hoping my recovery is fairly quick so I can get out and walk again. I am feeling pretty good now, my incision is completely healed and no ostomy problems, but I do have a lot of problems with my back now. I have to sleep on my back totally and that is tough for me so I don't usually sleep very well. I end up taking a sleep aid after about 5 days of little sleep to catch up.

My knitting is going well. I have finished two handbags and a sweater. The two bags are for a friend's daughter and sister and the sweater is a birthday present for my longest and best friend of 41 years, Vicki.







Other than that, it is quiet at our house. Here is a new picture of my little dumpling! He was 7 months old January 10.



1 comment:

ekgheiy said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about Butterscotch. Next week will make one year since my cat, Smokey, died of the same affliction - kidney failure. :( My sympathy goes out to you.