Friday, September 28, 2007

Finishing up birthday and Christmas knitting...

Well, today is my 54th birthday. Life is well over half over, but that's ok. Who wants to live forever? Nothing exciting going on. My daughter is in the middle of a big merger and my son lives 10 hours away. They paid for me to take a trip to Indiana next month to see the baby and that is the best present every. I am really looking forward to it. I told Jack I didn't want a gift. We spent gobs on vacation and that was enough for me.
This is for my youngest grandson, Jackson. It is a 24 months and he will only be 6 months old at Christmas, but he is wearing 9-12 month clothing so I figured he would need something next fall. I love it and can't wait to give it to him for Christmas.

This is the completed set for my son for his birthday. It doesn't look like Indiana is going to get cold enough to wear it before the end of the baseball season, but I sent it to him early anyway.

I have now started a long sweater vest for my sister for her birthday the day after Christmas (see a picture of the pattern below.) She works for the school system and I found the cutest one room schoolhouse button for the vest. It is a bit bigger than what is recommended so instead of a buttonhole on the vest, I am going to do an i-cord or crocheted chain stitch loop to use on it.











Hope everyone is enjoying their fall. Until next time.....

1 comment:

osuvetmed said...

Hi! I love your Cubs scarf. Can I ask how you knitted it? Also, how many skeins of Wool of the Andes did you use?

You are such a gifted knitter! I love your work!

Thanks, Kelly
bflang@aol.com