Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our grandson has made the Wall Street Journal! They did an article on kids in politics and Thomas was one of the kids. Part of his "election" speech for a Student Council position he ran for and won is in the article along with info on him and his picture. Check it out:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122472869877161477.html?mod=todays_us_nonsub_page_one

I am currently working on candy cane hats for the family Christmas picture, red with white for my dd's family and white with red for my son's. I will do something different then for Jack and I. If they don't want them, we will donate them to charity afterwards.

I have lots of yarn and knitting I can do, but am having some pain in the joint and muscle of my elbow so it makes it painful to knit sometimes. Nothing is on a time frame though so I don't feel pressed except to get the hats done and they go pretty fast.

Jackson, Alicia and Jay will be down here for Thanksgiving and we are celebrating Christmas at the same time. We decided to do something fun and charitable this year. We are buying gifts for the adults, but they are to be toys or games that fit the personality of the person. We are then going to donate them all to Toys for Tots. I bought my son a stuffed Spongebob Squarepants in a Karate Gi because he does jujitsu, my daughter-in-law an Alchemy game because she is a pharmacist, a Rubik's Cube for my son-in-law because he is a puzzle that takes time to figure out and my dd I bought the card game Mad Gab because she is a talker. It was fun thinking of what to buy. My dil was the hardest and I overspent on our $10 budget for each, but I couldn't find anything.

Next time, I hope to have more knitting pics to post. Until then, have a great one!

No comments: